By Nulagh Devin
- 2 cups GF flour mix.***
- 1/2tsp xanthangum
- 1½cups sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cupchoppednuts(optional)
- 1. tsp vanilla 1 [20 ounce] can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- Preheat oven to 350, spray a 9″x 13″ pan with vegetable oil spray.
- In amixing bowl, blend together the flour mix, xanthan gum, sugar, and baking soda.
- Add the eggs, nuts vanilla and pineapple. Beat with a spoon until liquid and dry ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Pour in to the prepared pan and bake 45minutes – or until golden and the sides of the cake pull away from the pan.
- Serve warm or cold.
- You can frost (use your favourite frosting) after cooling or serve with cream. A true dump cake! Takes only minutes to mix turns out moist and flavourful! (May be halved to bake 8″x8″ — Use 1 egg plus 1 egg white instead of 3 eggs+ an 8 ounce can of pineapple)
***You have a choice with the flour mix, either prepare your own mixture: GF flour mix using: 2 parts white rice flour. 2/3 part potatostarch 1/3 part tapioca flour. This you can make up and use as needed.Works out much cheaper but you may be left with flour you are not going to use again. If you are not into gluten free baking OR convenient when in a hurry – more expensive – buy Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all purpose baking flour. It is mixed and ready.