Contributed by Angie Halten
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 tbsp margarine or butter
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teas. GF vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup raisins (optional) nutmeg or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Stir all ingredients [except raisins) together in a buttered 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake in a slow oven (300F) for 1 hour without disturbing the rice. Reduce temperature to 250F and continue baking for 1-1/2 hours more.
- Add raisins 1/2 hour before removing from the oven. (You can also sprinkle either cinnamon or more nutmeg over the top just before the pudding finishes baking.)
**Be creative and instead of raisins add cranberries or your favourite dried fruit.