Servings 4 Cooking Time 35 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy
Preparation Time | 20 min
- 2 tsp vegetable oil 2 Tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 large onion(s), sliced 2 medium apple(s), firm, cored and sliced
- 1 cup apple cider 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp table salt 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cornstarch 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
- In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet, warm oil over high heat. Toss chicken with flour, patting off excess. Place in pan and brown well on both sides.
- Remove chicken from pan, reduce heat to low and add onion. Sauté, stirring often, until onion is tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in apples, cider, chicken broth, salt, ginger and chicken. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer chicken, onions and apples to a serving dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 2 to 3 tablespoons of pan juices. Combine cornstarch mixture with remaining pan juices, whisking constantly. Simmer for one minute. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.