Adapted from Babycakes: vegan, gluten-free, and (mostly) sugar-free recipes from New York’s most talked-about bakery, by Erin McKenna.
- 2 cups GF (celiac) all purpose baking flour 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 tsp. salt 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil, plus more for the pan* 2/3 cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup rice milk* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, agave nectar, rice milk and vanilla.
- Beat into the dry ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the bananas until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Scrape the batter into an oiled 7″x4″x3″ loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool in pan for 20 minutes, then gently run a knife around the edge and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or cool completely before storing.
**Alternative ingredients can be found at Nature’s Fare.