I need your help! We are updating our places to eat guide. What should be added , or removed from the list below. Please give me addresses, telephone numbers etc!
Hope to hear from you soon!
Eat Dessert First
Publications Editor of Kelowna Chapter of CCA
- The Jammery, PO Box 2549, Stn. R, Kelowna, B.C., V1X 6A6, http://www.jammery.com/ This is a restaurant, as well as a shop that sells local jams etc!
Bernard Ave. [Main Street]
- Saigon [270 Bernard Ave-main street-not far from the lake] Make sure you have the rice noodles. Vietnamese and Chinese food available],
- Siam Orchid Thai, 270 Bernard [near the lake end of Bernard] knowledgeable. Warning some of the foods are VERY spicy!
- Moo Lix Ice Cream Parlour on Bernard (near the sails) claim that their ice cream is gluten free except for the obvious flavours such as ‘cookies and cream’.
Off Bernard Ave.
- Mamma Rosa 561 Bernard Ave [behind Town Centre Mall] All their sauces are GF and they have rice noodles on the menu.
- Mon Thong 1530 Water Street just off Bernard Ave
- Rawdezvous Organic Café Ellis Street just past the Apple Museum on the
- The Bay Cafe in the Grand They were wonderful in helping to choose GF foods!
- Dawatt’1435 Ellis St.., Tel 250-717-1668 Specializing in the finest Indian cuisine!
On Harvey Ave. [Hwy 97
- Boston Pizza: 545 Harvey Ave., [Hwy 97] & 2338N Hwy97-#650 Either the grilled salmon just as it comes on the kid’s menu (with drink and Jello for dessert) they do grilled chicken with rice and steamed vegetables instead.
- Mekong: 1030 Harvey [Hwy 97] Have GF menu! Just before Capri mall, on opposite side
- Swiss Chalet: at 1475 Hwy 97, just past the Capri mall. Has a GF product list.
- Ruby’s 1#110-1950 Harvey [HWY 97 in Spall Plaza] Noodles They are gluten free
- Ozeki’s -#1-1745 Spall [just off hwy 97] near Save-on-Foods.
- Mon Thong: near Save-on-Foods [off hwy 97 just before Orchard Park]
- Wendy’s: #15 at 2070 Hwy 97. Has a GF product list. Across the Hwy., just before O. Park.
- White Spot: at 2190 Hwy 97almost across from O.P. shopping mall. Has a GF list.
- Taco times at 2397 N Hwy 97 & 1-110 Hollywood Rd, Order the kid’s meal with a cheese quesadilla on a corn tortilla; staff is amenable to wiping the grill first.
- Milestones O. Park Mall Knowledgeable chefs, best if you can phone in advance
- New York Fries-in Food Fair at Orchard Park- “Poutine” with their cheese sauce, which is GF, instead of the gravy. I check their ingredients each time I go there!
- Ricky’s [Ramada Inn] 2435 Hwy 97 across from O.P, staff is knowledgeable!
- Moxies 1730 Cooper Staff knowledgeable
- Montana’s #400-1500 Banks Road There can be a lot of GF menu items available!
- Cactus Club #200-1575 Banks Rd. Knowledgeable chefs, but you should phone in advance
- Eastside Marrios-#210 –1575 Banks Rd. has an allergy menu. Very helpful!
- Joey’s Global Grill and Lounge #300-2475 Hwy 97 GF menu, but not many items $$.
Pandosy Street/Lakeshore Drive
- Hector’s Casa 2911 Pandosy St., Tel 250-860-3868-Great Mexican food
- Lake Tai Restaurant at #101-3010 Pandosy [cater to Celiacs- food and service is wonderful. ]
- Chutney 3011 Pandosy St. Tel 250-762-9300-Specializing in Cuisine of India
- Spoon Struck on 3018 Tutt St.[ next to Pandosy St.] just before the Mission Mall
- Mahdinas Restaurant-#5- 3045 Tutt St.-Tel 250-868-3389
- Fix Café Pasta Bar – #101-3275 Lakeshore, Has delicious. Bouillibase Pricey$$$
- Cabana’s – they have been great, especially with the no egg dairy thing they have gone over the top.
- The Harvest Golf Club 2725 KLO Rd. They are familiar with cooking for a GF diet. Michaelbrook Ranch Golf Club 1085 Lexington [off Gordon Rd] Know about Celiac
- Kelowna Golf & Country Club 1297 Glenmore Drive [off Hwy 97]
- Gallagher’s 4320 Gallagher Dr. W.
- Grand, Eldorado, Capri and Ramada. I phone ahead and let them know of my special needs!
- Second cup 1950 Harvey Ave. [hwy97] Their drinks are GF, as the creamers & flavours contain glucose solids or maltodextrin which comes from corn.
- Blenz Coffee: 2823 Pandosy St. Iced Chocolate and Hot Chocolate NO SPRINKLES .
Places to Shop for gluten free food
- Natural Resources at 525 Bernard Ave,. They have the good selection
- Contact: Kathy 1-250-762-3153 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nature’s Fare 1876 Cooper Rd, same complex as Mon Thong and Save-on-Foods.
- Choices 1937 Hwy 97 [across from London Drugs]-one of our advertisers. Blue stickers on shelves mark the GF items. *They’re our one of our advertisers!
- T-Bones on Spall has a variety of GF products
- Mission Park Vitamins in Mission Park [near Jakx], [near DQ] has bread, muffins
- Abaco Health. 3818 Gordon Dr., 250-861-3090 (the corner of Cook and Gordon)
- Safeway, Save on Foods, Coopers, IGA and Superstore All carry some celiac/diabetic foods in their diet/ethnic section. Their selection is getting better!
- Bakeries such as Tripke’s are knowledgeable and offer some goodies that are GF
- Two locations567 Bernard Ave and 538 Yates Rd [Glenmore]
- M & M’s carries some Gf products
- Illichmann Meats 1937Gordon Rd. [Capri area] make GF sausages etc.
- Johnny’s Meats on Hollywood at Hwy 33 the item he makes are all GF
- Boston Pizza: 2563 Hwy 97 The grilled salmon [on the kid’s menu -with drink & Jello for dessert) or grilled chicken with rice and steamed vegetables.
- La Cucina Pasteria #121-3640 Gossett, 250-707-0123- [off Hwy 97-on the north side]
- Fogg’N Suds-2569 Dobbin Rd.250-707-7727, salads, a lamb dinner without the rice Pilaf
- Quail’s Gate Winery– 3303 Boucherie Rd., A pricier GF dinner, fabulous. Of course, this is a special once in a while meal because it’s pricey! Just can’t be beat for food, setting and service!
- Kelly O’Brian’s has an allergy book for all mealsincluding sauces etc.
Places to Shop for gluten free food
- Natural Harvest Market & Vitamins 3654 Hoskins [this is on the north side of the Hwy. A. Contacts Randall 1-250-768-4558 or email@example.com
- Natures Fare #34 Carrington Rd. 707-3935 [runs parallel below the Hwy]
- Save On actually has quite a few items: They will slice Freybe’s meats (GF) for you even cleaning the cutting blades etc.
- Coopers some GF foods
- T-Bones has some sausages
- M &M’s carry GF items,
- GD Shop & Save, 891 Anders Rd, [Lakeview] 250-769-6502
Gasthaus on the Lake- 5790 Beach Ave. [main street] 767-6625 This is a great place!