It seems there are a stream of new Celiac apps available. Here’s another one – one that also supports the iPad.
The info below is provided by the web site.
The new Cook IT Allergy Free iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch App is something that families dealing with Celiac Disease, Autism, and/or food allergies have been waiting for and takes the guesswork out of allergy-free cooking. It is also an amazing tool to help families dealing with the challenges of autism as they face the daily struggles of the Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet (GFCF Diet).
If you are allergic to Gluten, Dairy, Eggs, or Nuts, you no longer have to search for a recipe that does not contain your allergens. Cook IT Allergy Free will take any of these great gluten free recipes and make them safe for you.
Customize Any of the Gluten Free Recipes to meet your allergy needs
* 200+ Recipes, with MORE recipes being added all of the time. Beautiful images of all recipes. * With a simple tap, trade out your Allergen(s) in any of the recipes with safe substitutions. Now no recipe is off limits!
* Any ingredients that appear in red within a recipe can be traded out with a correctly-calculated allergen safe substitution option that will work with the recipe.
* Find substitutions within the recipes for: eggs, butter, milk, yogurt, buttermilk, cream, sour cream, cream cheese, cheeses, nuts, nut butters, corn syrup, and soy.
* Customize your recipes and then share them through Email, Facebook, and Twitter.
* Also find the best tips and tricks for gluten free and allergy free cooking that will help to give you delicious results in the recipes.
Save Your Customized Recipes to your Grocery List
* Saving your recipes to your Grocery List will allow you to have all of the ingredients you need, including your substitutions for your allergens, at your fingertips for easy shopping.
* Your list will be organized By Aisle or By Recipe. Add items from your daily list as well.
* Check off items as you shop clear single ingredients, entire recipes, or your entire list with simple taps.
* Email Grocery list to yourself (or whoever is doing the shopping) or use the list directly from the phone.
Keep your Allergy-free Recipes Organized in your Recipe Box
* Save your customized recipes to your category-organized Recipe Box.
* Have offline access to them anytime.
* Keep your own notes within each recipe to remind yourself of what you liked or didn’t like about your results. Allergy Free cooking is all about “trial-and-error”.