by Kathy Post
A breakdown of membership with the bulk of the membership living in the Central Okanagan region is:
East Kootenay – 2,
Central Kootenay – 3,
Kootenay Boundary – 6,
Okanagan Similkameen – 51,
Greater Vancouver – 1,
Central Okanagan – 94,
North. Okanagan – 32,
Columbia / Shuswap – 12
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome the following new members to the CCA-Kelowna Chapter:
- Salmon Arm: Casey M. Bourassa, Natasha Giesbrecht, Vanessa C. McKitric, Debbie Morris, Darlene J. Stinson
- Vernon: Cheryl C. Friesen, Barbara D. Laursen, Laurie A. Thomas
- Kelowna: Shannon G. Andrews- Swab, Valerie I. Bardot, Flavia Lindsay, Lisa M. Lundquist, Michaela L. MacDonald, Christine E. Madu, Erlinda Carreira, Joan R. Gallacher, Jake D. Kalawarny, Marybeth E. Lafferty, James Mullan, Debbie Roussel, Eleanor Spence, Tanya R. Stathopulos, Mulualem M. Bulcha, Amanda L. Bye, Carmen J. Campbell, Karen A. Freeborn and Paula A. Wieser
- Westside including Central Okanagan: Lois Haywood, Kathryn Post, Mary Ann Thirsk, Moyra A. Baxter, Jocelyne A. Picher, Don Henderson
- Penticton: Emma Byers ,Margaret J. Carr, Jennifer M. Formo, Jean N. Campbell and Ron Larsen–Revelstoke, Jeremy Baxter-Silverton and Frances R. Moll – Trail
We are also pleased to welcome members who have transferred in from other chapters, Tom Eden of Midway, Jocelyne Picher of Peachland and Kimberly Ryan of Kelowna. We said good bye to Kristie Woods of Salmon Arm who transferred to the Kamloops chapter and. Neil Tarr of Penticton to Manitoba as well as to Joh Woodworth of Kelowna who has moved into an assisted living facility.
Sadly we lost Doreen Chubey and Jewell Burton this year. Our thoughts and prayers go out to their families and friends.
We are well into the 3rd quarter and show that only 5% of our membership is in arrears (dues owing from May 31 to July 31). 64% of our membership has a renewal date between August 31 and December 31 and 32% of our members are already paid up into 2011.
We would like to thank those members who have been prompt in making their payments and ask that those who have an outstanding renewal to please remit as soon as possible!