by Jim McCarthy, Executive Director, Canadian Celiac Association
I am relieved to finally be able to confirm that we have resolved the core issue with online access to your CCA account, and your ability to renew, shop and donate online. For any of you who have already been successful at this, the following DOES NOT APPLY! Simply keep using the logon and password combinations that you have used.
For the rest of you who have not been able to access your account, please follow these steps:
1. Go to the ‘Member Log-in’ box on the right-hand side of the Home page of the website – http://www.celiac.ca.
2. In the ‘logon’ box, insert your first initial and then last name (e.g. – John Smith is jsmith). The total number of letters is less than 6 (six), insert enough numeral 1 (one’s) AFTER YOUR NAME to make it six characters (e.g. – Jean Doe is jdoe11)
3. In the ‘password’ box, insert your member number which you will find on your membership card. Again, the total number of characters must be 6, so in this case insert enough 0 (zeros) at the FRONT OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP NUMBER to make it six characters (e.g. – Memb. # 2345 would be password 002345).
4. Click the ‘Log on’ gold button and you should be directed to your account.
5. I would recommend the first thing you then should do is to review your personal information, and change your password.
If you have any problems with this, please email or call the 1-800 number and press 1, and Sandy will be able to assist you.
Allergen Labelling Amendments Passed
Most of you may be aware by now that the amendments to Allergen Labelling regulations which include gluten and sulphites has finally be passed! Thanks to all of you who participated by making your views known to the Prime Minister, Health Minister and/or your local MP. Over the several months of effort to get this done, we understand that more than 8000 emails and letters were received!
If you missed some of the publicity, you can check it out at these sites:
(National Post, Ottawa Citizen, Montreal Gazette, Calgary Herald, Edmonton Journal, Vancouver Sun)
(Check out the video link of Laurie and Janet’s interview on CTV’s Power Play national political show)
You can also test your real Canadian ‘BIQ’ at www.whatsinyourbeer.ca
2011 CCA National Conference
The conference planning is well underway, and the Ottawa Chapter is eager to welcome you May 13 – 15 in the National Capital. We remind that the ‘Early Bird Rate’ is only valid until MARCH 1, so you have a little more than a week to take advantage of this great rate! A registration form is attached, or you can go to the website and fill out an interactive form and submit it by email if you are paying by credit card.