Helen’s Gluten-free Chocolate Cream Roll
As Served at the March 13th, 2011 Kelowna Chapter Celiac potluck
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
- Mix sugar, cocoa, & flour.
- Separate eggs and add to well beaten yolks to the first mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in egg yolk mixture
- Bake on 15 ½ x 10 ½ pan which has been greased and lined nearly to edge with wax paper or parchment paper. I also grease this slightly.
- Bake in 375″ oven for 12 to 15 min.
- Turn out onto tea towel which has been lightly dusted with icing sugar and roll to cool for a short time.
- Unroll and fill with one cup sweetened whipped cream. Roll up and keep in refrigerator ‘til time to serve.
At our house we serve this with this sauce.
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
Cook in top of double boiler and serve warm.
Can be reheated. This is delicious!
When you join the CCA you not only provide much needed funds to advocate for Celiac issues such as the new label law, you receive our bimonthly newsletter and exclusive member email updates from our Newsletter Editor.