by Gini Langrish – From the May 2011 Potluck Lunch
This is really easy to make. The blender or food processor works well!
- 1 cup cooked red beans or black beans (Suggestion: cook extra and freeze for future recipes.)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs (can use egg replacement: I did for this recipe)
- 1/3 cup soft dates – pour into blender add
- 1/3 cup cane sugar or 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. instant coffee (I used decaf)
- 1 tsp. vanilla – pure
- 1/4 cup melted dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup rice flour (I used Namaster “perfect blend” flour)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. B.P.
- Mix all the above in blender, pour into bowl and fold in 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into 8 x 8 pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or try mini cups.
- Let cool, cut into squares and dust with Icing sugar if you desire.