The Calgary Chapter invites you to join us for an informative weekend filled with fun, entertainment, great gluten-free food and camaraderie at the 2014 CCA National Conference in Calgary, May 30 – June 1.
Learn the latest information about celiac disease and gluten sensitivities from renowned speakers and researchers:
- Dr. Alessio Fasano, Center for Celiac Research & Treatment, Boston – “Celiac Disease – Managing, Monitoring and Research”
- Dr. Joseph Murray, Minnesota Mayo Clinic, Rochester – “Celiac Disease – Management Following Diagnosis”
- Dr. David Hanley, University of Calgary – “Osteoporosis and Celiac Disease”
- Shelley Case, Registered Dietitian – two sessions a) “Celiac Diagnosis and the Gluten-Free Diet” b)”The Quality and Safety of Gluten-Free Foods & Specialty Products”
- Justine Dowd, PhD candidate, University of British Columbia – “Successful Strategies for Living Gluten-Free”
- Kerry Bennett, Entrepreneur, Care Bakery – “The Start of a Business – Changing the Way Gluten-Free Calgarians Dine Out”
From May 30th to June 1st, you’ll have the opportunity to meet fellow CCA members from across the country at the “Celiac Stomp” reception and enjoy some great western entertainment by the Keister Family Fiddlers. Take time to view and sample some of the latest products at the Gluten-free market. Have fun at the Gala and enjoy delicious Alberta beef along with delectable desserts prepared especially for conference participants.
Other activities include a post conference Rocky Mountain getaway to Banff on Sunday afternoon. You can also enroll your child in the Youth Program (ages 7 – 14 years) where they’ll learn more about their disease and also have fun with other youth who are celiac or gluten sensitive.
Register by March 28th and take advantage of the early bird CCA member full conference rate of $225.00. We look forward to seeing you in Calgary the end of May. For further program information, conference rates and registration, visit: http://www.calgaryceliac.ca, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-237-0304.