The CFIA has issued a class 2 product recall for "M" Rice, 454 gram size. The product is made by Ka Wing Hong Ltd. and was distributed in BC and Ontario. It has undeclared gluten. The UPC is 6 98921 01212 9 Product details are available at http://active.inspection.gc.ca/scripts/database/recarapp_refsubmit.asp?lang=e&ref=7659
Contributed by Angie Halten
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 tbsp margarine or butter
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ teas. GF vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup raisins (optional) nutmeg or cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Stir all ingredients [except raisins) together in a buttered 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake in a slow oven (300F) for 1 hour without disturbing the rice. Reduce temperature to 250F and continue baking for 1-1/2 hours more.
- Add raisins 1/2 hour before removing from the oven. (You can also sprinkle either cinnamon or more nutmeg over the top just before the pudding finishes baking.)
**Be creative and instead of raisins add cranberries or your favourite dried fruit.