Kelowna Celiac is looking to fill two volunteer executive positions:
If you have a few hours to spare each month to update our site with our latest events and announcements, please email email@example.com. Our website uses the easy to use WordPress content management system and our previous webmaster is available anytime for questions and training. If you are thinking of increasing your web skills, this might be a good fit. For more details see the document Kelowna Chapter Webmaster Duties
Awareness and Publicity
Kelowna Celiac is also looking for an “Awareness and Publicity” volunteer to promote awareness of our chapter and chapter events, Celiac Disease and Gluten Sensitivity. An especial emphasis takes place in May during Celiac Awareness Month. The position’s scope is as large or as little as you have time for. For more information, please email Irene at firstname.lastname@example.org
By Moyra Baxter
To raise awareness about Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance, the Kelowna Chapter of the Canadian Celiac Association will be setting up information booths in our region during the month and we need your help to hand out brochures and tell people where they can get more information. We would like two people there at all times, and will place new volunteers with experienced ones.
We need volunteers for the following:
- Saturday, May 4th. Orchard Park Mall
- Saturday, May 18th, Choices Market
If you are able to give up an hour or two on either of those days, please call or email me.
Think of it this way – you can combine shopping and volunteering and feel good about it!
Our volunteer executive has an opening for a membership coordinator…
Membership Coordinator Responsibilities
A more detailed Job Description is available. The following is an outline.
1. To keep up to date lists of all active Kelowna Chapter members.
- This information is received by email from the National Canadian Celiac Association Office:
- Bi-Weekly Report
- New members listed nationally by Chapter
- Quarterly Report includes
- Current member list
- Inactive member list
- New member list
- Up to date information may also be accessed through a computer “remote connection” to National’s database.
- A confidentiality agreement must be signed with National, as the information received from National must be used in an appropriate manner.
2. To send out welcome letters to all new members, either by email or by regular mail.
3. To provide the Chapter Newsletter Editor with updated lists of members, to be used expressly for the distribution of newsletters and other Chapter information.
4. To report the Membership numbers to the Executive and at Regular Meetings, and also through the Chapter Newsletter.
5. To provide names of members to the Satellite Groups so they can contact those members regarding local meetings.
6. Most new and renewal memberships go straight to the National Office. Some come directly to the Membership Coordinator. If it is convenient to process them locally, and deliver a New Member’s Package to them directly, there is a process which is to be followed. Have Membership Forms and Packages available at the Potluck lunches and Meetings.
7. Confirm that there is a Quorum of members at meetings where votes will take place.
8. To attend Executive Meetings, held at the call of the President.
In addition to membership coordinator we are also looking for volunteers for the following executive positions:
Questions? Interested in volunteering? Please email Chapter President Irene Thompson at email@example.com
It was a beautiful Okanagan Sunday that brought 35 to attend our regular Kelowna potluck lunch at the Winfield Seniors’ Activity Centre.
The spring weather dictated the gluten-free dishes that were offered: fresh salads and yummy chocolate squares for dessert.
For the business portion of the get-together we were updated on the conference preparations (going well) and asked members to volunteer to help out.
Celiac Testing Volunteers Needed
We are in the biggest need for volunteers to help with administering the Celiac test kits. If you have some time to help out May 26th 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm please email Irene at: firstname.lastname@example.org You need not have any medical training. Just be able to follow the simple instructions in this video.
Pizza Party June 10th
Our next meeting is Sunday June 10th, noon, at the Winfield Seniors’ Centre. It’s not a potluck; it’s our annual pizza fundraiser! No need to bring a dish. Members are $10 each and non-members are $15 each. Contact Eleanor Beattie at email@example.com to register and for additional details.